Cool chain solutions
A refrigerated warehouse is available for your freight at the World Cargo Center at Leipzig/Halle Airport; it can accommodate the complete temperature-sensitive cargo from a B747F aircraft. The facility has direct access to the apron area and therefore guarantees short transport routes to and from aircraft and trucks.
The refrigerated centre enables the parallel storage of pharmaceutical items, perishable goods and temperature-sensitive products that may not be exposed to frost or heat during transportation and storage. It is possible to store measuring apparatus and intermediate products for the semiconductor industry without any problems at the World Cargo Center too.
Our refrigerated warehouse ensures ideal conditions for storing medical products. As an IATA CEIV PHARMA certified facility, it fully complies with international requirements as well as the European GDP (Good Distribution Practice) regulatory guidelines. The refrigeration equipment allows storage temperatures of between +2°C and +25°C. Access checks, video and temperature monitoring guarantee the highest levels of reliability in the warehouse system.
All cool chain services
Installations and equipment
- 400 m² of refrigerated storage space for up to 24 ULD refrigerated units and 100 pallets
- Three individual temperature-controlled areas (2°C - 25°C)
- Short routes to/from trucks/aircraft
- Secure and controlled access
- Temperature monitoring and checks
- Integrated messaging alarm system and video surveillance
- Handling by PortGround – a Regulated Agent and Authorised Economic Operator (AEO-F)
- Special temperature-controlled transport services to/from trucks/aircraft
- Parallel storage of perishable and/or pharmaceutical items
- ULD insulation hoods available
- GDP certified
- CEIV certified