Training course for paramedics
It is possible to complete the training course for paramedics according to the Principles for Training Personnel in Rescue Services (520-hour programme for paramedics) at the Fire Training Centre at Leipzig/Halle Airport. This programme was adopted by the “Emergency Services” federal/state committee on 17 September 2008. The training course is conducted by experienced paramedic instructors and is supported by emergency response doctors.
- At least 18 years old
- Basic school leaving certificate or skilled worker qualification*
- An original certificate of good conduct
- An original doctor’s certificate
* Officially certified copy – with the original certification stamp
Medical certificate for paramedics [PDF; 38 KB] (German only)
Structure of the training course:
- 160 hours of theoretical and practical training at the Fire Training Centre
- 160 hours of practical training at a hospital
- 160 hours of practical training at an ambulance station
- 40 hours to prepare for the examination and take it
You may select the hospital and ambulance station near your place of residence.
You can find the dates here