The visitor service at Leipzig/Halle Airport provides various guided tours for interested persons and those keen to learn more. The tours highlight the history, present state and future of the airport. They also offer insight into what goes on at the airport on a daily basis in the public areas and behind the scenes. You can conveniently book all the tours online.
If you are travelling in your own coach that you can use for the tour around the airport, please indicate this on the group booking form. If you are arriving some other way, the guided tour will take place in a bus operated by the airport. If so, please indicate on the group booking form that you are not arriving with your own bus.
Protecting people's health is our top priority
Extensive hygiene precautions ensure a safe tour. We would ask for your cooperation and support.
- The number of people on each tour is limited so that we can maintain the general social distancing rules.
- Disinfectant dispensers are available on site.
- The handles and seats in the airport's own bus are disinfected before each tour
- In order to take part in a tour, each person must:
- be fully vaccinated against the SARS-CoV2 virus (at least 14 days after the second vaccination (the vaccination pass acts as evidence) or
- have recovered from the SARS-CoV2 virus for no longer than the past 6 months (a doctor’s certificate is mandatory) or
- present a current SARS-CoV2 test with a negative result (which may not be older than 24 hours).
- All those taking part aged 6 and over must wear a medical face mask.
- We retain the right to exclude any guests from the tour who have symptoms of a SARS-CoV2 infection (a cough, a temperature or a cold).
Summary of all the tours
The tour starts at the “Airport guided tours” desk in the central check-in area. As you make your way through the mall and the arrivals/departures terminal, you can have a look at the historic Ilyushin IL-18 aircraft and obtain an initial impression of what happens to passengers as they depart. Following a security check, we start the tour of the apron area and you will be able to see the varied procedures used when preparing passenger aircraft for take-off. We then make our way to the airport fire brigade, before we look at the cargo site where you will experience everything related to loading and unloading freight.
- Duration: two hours
- Price per person: EUR 10.00 – EUR 14.00
The holiday tour is geared towards children during their school holidays and those accompanying them. During the two-hour trip, the visitor service ensures that they feel in a holiday mood. The tour starts at the central check-in area and takes the large and small participants through the terminal building and out to the apron area so that you and your children can experience what goes on at an airport at close quarters. The programme also includes a visit to the airport fire brigade, which will show you its fire-fighting equipment.
- Duration: two hours
- Price per person: EUR 10.00
Celebrating a child’s birthday at Leipzig/Halle Airport is a very special experience. After the welcome in the check-in area, we make our way through the terminal for a security check. The children are checked as if they were real passengers, before the bus starts the round trip of the apron area. The young guests can see at close quarters everything that has to be done before an aircraft can take off again. We show the children at the western fire station the fire brigade vehicles that the airport has before we gaze in amazement at the huge cargo planes in the Cargo Area South. Each child receives a “pilot’s licence” and a small bag of goodies for the birthday child at the end.
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price per person: lump sum
The pupils’ tour is geared towards nursery school groups and primary school classes and it explains what goes on at the airport so that children can understand the concepts. The tour starts at the central check-in area with a short introduction. The young guests then make their way to the General Aviation Terminal for a personal security check and a round trip of the apron area; they are able to see at close quarters what goes on when aircraft are prepared for take-off. After this, we make a stop at the western fire station where we show you and the youngsters the vehicle depot and the modern fire-fighting equipment. The last stop on the tour is the arrivals and departures terminal.
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Price per person: EUR 6.00
The night tour starts at the central terminal. You gain some idea of the airport site in front of the airport model. You will see the restored IL-18 aircraft from the mall and learn interesting things about the history of this four-engine passenger plane that is more than 50 years old. After you have undergone a personal check and passed through the security area, we make our way to the apron where you can see how planes are prepared for take-off at close quarters. We then show you the airport fire brigade, its everyday work and the technical equipment, before we head for the impressive cargo area at Leipzig/Halle Airport, where you learn all about loading and unloading freight. After a bus trip along the runway at speed, the tour ends at the former tower near the southern fire station where you can enjoy the air traffic at night from high up.
- Duration: three or four hours
- Price per person: EUR 33.00 (including catering)
- Price per person: EUR 25.00 (without catering)
- Download: Night tour brochure [PDF; 1,7 MB] (German only)