CORONA UPDATE: Important information for passengers and visitors
Please keep in mind certain travel instructions and rules of conduct that apply at Dresden and Leipzig/Halle Airports because of the coronavirus pandemic. There are also test centres for those returning to Germany at both the airports.
Travel instructions and rules of conduct
- Covid-19 Entry Order: All persons wishing to travel to Germany by plane have had to present a negative Covid-19 test, proof of vaccination or proof of recovery to the airline before departure since 13 May 2021. They may not be travel without the negative test result.
- Persons who have been tested, vaccinated or have recovered and who enter the Free State of Saxony from abroad and who have been in a risk area prior to entry do not need to go into quarantine if they can provide the relevant evidence. However, they must contact their health office (digital entry registration). The Saxon Corona Quarantine Order outlines exceptions, for example, for those with a negative Covid-19 test or for certain groups of persons or for certain occasions.
- Persons arriving from an area with a particularly high risk of a SARS-CoV-2 infection (high incidence area or virus variant area) must contact their health office (digital entry registration), observe a 10-day quarantine period at home and undergo a Covid-19 test (48 hours after entry). The test must also be repeated before departure.
- People must wear a FFP2 mask in the terminals at Dresden and Leipzig/Halle Airports. The only exceptions are children aged under 6 and people who cannot wear a face mask because of a particular health problem. Vending machines are available at the building entrances and in the terminals for people to obtain masks, disposable gloves and disinfectant.
- Passengers should arrive at the airport at least 2.5 hours before departure and make use of their airline’s online check-in facility, if possible. Passengers with departure times before 6 a.m. are recommended to arrive at the airport 3 hours before departure.
- Please comply with the current restrictions on having no more than one item of hand luggage.
- You must wear a face mask on board when travelling with many airlines. Passengers should find out from their airline in advance which regulations apply.
- If passengers feel unwell, they should not embark on their planned journey, but stay at home.
- Where possible, please maintain a minimum distance of 1.50 m from passengers and other people. Signs and floor markings are provided to help you do so.
- Follow the hygiene recommendations: wash your hands frequently and cover your mouth and nose with your arm if you cough and sneeze.
- The Federal Government's guidelines on restricting social contact in everyday life apply.
Dresden and Leipzig/Halle Airports merely make available the infrastructure for the test centres. The airport information desks can therefore not provide any information about procedures, test results, eligibility, waiting times, etc.
Corona test centres
Co Care Testcentre at Dresden Airport
Mon. – Fri. 8 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Sat. - Sun. 9 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Phone: +49 (0) 173 3560902
booking at: https://dresden-flughafen.veranstaltungsbutler.de/book#/bookcart?fcourses=mit_termin
Protecting your health is the top priority
The Central German airports have taken extensive precautions to protect the health of passengers, visitors, business partners and staff. This package of measures is based on the instructions provided by the relevant authorities and follows recommendations made by the German Airports Association (ADV).
The precautions taken include fitting protective sheets of plastic at check-in counters or where boarding cards are checked. There are also sanitiser dispensers in the terminal buildings. Monitors, signs and announcements remind passengers of the rules for hygiene and conduct. There are markings on the floor to ensure that distancing regulations are complied with, for example during security checks. Distancing markings have also been placed on seating.